The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara
In 1913, Queen Mary commissioned the Crown Jewelers Garrard & Co. to make the tiara based on the design of the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara that her maternal grandmother Princess Augusta of Hesse-Cassel, the Duchess of Cambridge had. The new tiara also became known as the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara.
This tiara has 19 arches and 38 pear-shaped pearls, 19 hanging as pendants and 19 sitting upright. The 19 upright pearls could be taken off and Queen Mary often wore them as pendants on her long strands of pearl necklaces.